Recommended dosing in PV1
JAKAVI is to be given orally twice a day (BID)1
- Starting dose for most patients: 10 mg BID1
- Maximum dose: 25 mg BID1
Tablets shown are not actual size.
Important considerations for starting therapy with JAKAVI1
- A complete blood cell count must be performed before initiating therapy with JAKAVI
- There is limited information to recommend a starting dose for patients with platelet counts between 50,000/mm3 and 100,000/mm3
- The starting dose should not be increased during the first 4 weeks of treatment
- Doses may be titrated based on safety and efficacy1
The starting dose should not be increased during the first 4 weeks of treatment, and thereafter no more frequently than at 2-week intervals. Maximum dose is 25 mg BID.
- Treatment may be continued as long as the benefit/risk ratio remains positive1