Starting therapy with JAKAVI
Recommended starting dose of JAKAVI is based on baseline platelet count1
aThere is limited information to recommend a starting dose for these patients.
The maximum recommended starting dose is 5 mg twice daily and the patients should be titrated cautiously. Tablets shown are not actual size.
Important considerations for starting therapy with JAKAVI1
- JAKAVI is taken orally, with or without food
- A complete blood cell count, including a white blood cell count differential, must be performed before initiating therapy with JAKAVI
- Complete blood cell counts should be monitored every 2 to 4 weeks until doses are stabilised, and then as clinically indicated
- The starting dose should not be increased during the first 4 weeks of treatment
- After 4 weeks, dosing should not be increased more frequently than at 2-week intervals
- Maximum dose of JAKAVI: 25 mg twice daily
- Range of tablet strengths are available: 5-mg, 10-mg, 15-mg, and 20-mg tablets